Interior photos of Mauretania

Interior photos of Mauretania

Postby Ludwig Bader on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:05 am

Hi together!

I've been looking for good quality interior photographs of Mauretania in the web for a long time, but I was deeply disappointed by what I found. I'm really surprised that there are almost no photos of the ship's rooms to found as it was doubtless on of the most famous and greatest liners in history... I've "googled" all kinds of headwords as "Mauretania", "RMS M...", "M... interior", "M... dining room", but there were almost no results - most of them were about the second Maury from the 1930s...

Best one was that, at least a number of photos, but in a very bad quality: http://www.merchantnavyofficers.com/cunard6.html

Especially I would be interested in a good shot of the dining room (especially one showing the dome), I've never seen one... :oops: I'm really ashamed of that as I'm a real classic liner geek.

If anybody knows a link to good interior pictures of the Mauretania or can even post one here, I would be so glad and thankful! :D

Best regards, Ludwig
Ludwig Bader

Re: Interior photos of Mauretania

Postby Ludwig Bader on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:04 am

After months of searching I was finally successful by accident:

This site http://www.tyneandweararchives.org.uk/mauretania/fitting%20out.html provides a stunning amount of high quality interior photos (and a lot of other ones, too) of the Mauretania.

But all in all I have to admit that I do prefer Lusitania's interior... Especially her dining room is much more elegant and beautiful than the one on Mauretania. But of course it's all a matter of taste... ;)
Ludwig Bader

Postby Tyler J Frederick on Mon May 16, 2011 5:10 pm

I've seen photos of the first Mauretania, & they are drop dead gorgeous. The Dining Room, the Smoking Room, the Lounge, & everything done in mahogony & dark oak. The Mauretania was a awesome, & in her time along with Olympic, she was the ship of choice.
Tyler
Tyler J Frederick

Postby Eric Longo on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:36 am

Hello,

I have been out of commission for a while. I saw your posts - I will be selling many, many interiors from brochures to unpublished candids. If you like, write me at magikbilly@yahoo.com

Best wishes,
Eric
Buy/sell photos/photocards/mail/memorabilia/scrap items Mauretania 07. I also provide image restoration. Examples in Maxtone-Graham's Normandie and Chirnside's Aquitania. Recently I completed work for the National Building Museum. magikbilly@yahoo.com
Eric Longo

Return to Mauretania (I)