Second Class Life

Second Class Life

Postby Uriel Soriano on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:47 am

Good day to everyone!

I am a new member here by the way, and my fascination for the ship has brought me here.

I am currently writing an historical fiction titled "Atlantic Romance", which is set aboard the RMS Titanic. The characters in my story are all Second-Class passengers. I want to know how the Second-Class passengers lived their lives aboard Titanic. I want my story to be as accurate as possible so that the readers would also be aware of the Second-Class life while still being able to follow the story. And also I want to know how the Second-Class passengers behaved during the disaster.

Thank you all and God bless!

Uriel Soriano

P.S.: Here is the link to the story, for those who want to read it.
http://www.wattpad.com/story/2402289-atlantic-romance
Uriel Soriano

Re: Second Class Life

Postby Dennis Faenza on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:25 pm

A great start would be Lawrence Beesley's book THE LOSS OF THE SS TITANIC. Good luck with your work-I hope this helps.
Dennis Faenza

Postby Uriel Soriano on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Thanks for the information. I don't have a copy of the book though. I'll try to Google it and see if there is an E-book available somewhere. God bless! :D
Uriel Soriano

Postby Timothy Trower on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 pm

This book is also available through the THS Museum Shop (www.titanic1.org) -- since Beesley was a second class passenger, his insights are invaluable. Also of interest would be A Rare Titanic Family by Julie Hedgepeth Williams about the Caldwells -- again, covering the lives of second class passengers. I believe it is also available through the THS

Best of luck with your project.
All the best,

Tim

THSMB Admin -- timtrower@NOSPAMtitanichistoricalsociety.net (just remove the NOSPAM before sending an email).
Timothy Trower

Postby George Behe on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:47 am

My book "On Board RMS Titanic: Memories of the Maiden Voyage" contains descriptive letters that were written by second class passengers during the maiden voyage itself as well as after the disaster.
George Behe

Postby Uriel Soriano on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:52 am

Thanks for your help good sirs.
I'll give you roles in my story if you don't mind. Hehe :D
I'm currently working on Chapter 6.
Uriel Soriano

Postby Timothy Trower on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:43 pm

George -- my apologies for not thinking of your exceptional book; this is, indeed, a MUST have for the researcher or writer.
All the best,

Tim

THSMB Admin -- timtrower@NOSPAMtitanichistoricalsociety.net (just remove the NOSPAM before sending an email).
Timothy Trower

Postby George Behe on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:56 am

Thanks very much for your kind words, Tim. The new edition of my book is available in England right now and is scheduled to be available in the States in December.

Uriel, if you use me as a character in your book, might I suggest that you cast me as the man who dressed in woman's clothing in order to sneak into a lifeboat? (It's called "type casting.") :-)
George Behe

Postby Uriel Soriano on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:37 am

George Behe wrote:Uriel, if you use me as a character in your book, might I suggest that you cast me as the man who dressed in woman's clothing in order to sneak into a lifeboat? (It's called "type casting.") :-)

I will, sir. Hehehe...:lol:

Thanks a lot sir. It's nice to meet you. :D
Uriel Soriano

Postby George Behe on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:13 pm

The pleasure is all mine, Uriel (and please call me George.) :-)
George Behe

Return to Titanic