Olympic silk post card

Olympic silk post card

Postby john cadwallader on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Does any one know what the value of a silk post card of the Olympic in good condition would be. It has a message on the back from a first world war Canadian soldier but has not been posted.
john cadwallader

Re: Olympic silk post card

Postby Timothy Trower on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Stick a stamp on it, mail it to me, and I'll let you know!

My guess is that it would bring between $50 and $125, based on what I have seen. If the message on the back is specific to the Olympic, that would probably drive the value up.
All the best,

Tim

THSMB Admin -- timtrower@NOSPAMtitanichistoricalsociety.net (just remove the NOSPAM before sending an email).
Timothy Trower

Postby George Behe on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:03 am

For what it's worth, I paid $80 for a silk Olympic card back in the 1980s, but I'm guessing the price has probably increased considerably since the 1998 Cameron film etc.
George Behe

Postby Timothy Trower on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Wow -- I'll stand corrected.
All the best,

Tim

THSMB Admin -- timtrower@NOSPAMtitanichistoricalsociety.net (just remove the NOSPAM before sending an email).
Timothy Trower

Postby George Behe on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Tim, your estimate could still be right on the money, because my guess about a price increase was based on the fact that I no longer actively seek out this kind of stuff and am considerably out of date on current prices. :-)
George Behe

Postby Karen Kamuda on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:26 pm

[color=#0080FF]John,

I have a couple of silk Olympic postcards. Like George, I bought one in Brimfield some time ago and paid $75 and thought that was a lot of money. The other one was arond that price too abot 10 years ago. I see them on eBay and they go from just over $200 to $500 depending on condition. That is a big range but that is what I've seen in the past year.

Karen Kamuda[/color]
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” ~~ P. J. O’Rourke
Karen Kamuda

Return to Titanic